TravelEmergency Mobile Application
Be prepared for emergencies abroad!
TravelEmergency is your instant medical companion should you find yourself in an emergency or health crisis while traveling. Created by the editors at Patients Beyond Borders, the most trusted resource in medical travel, TravelEmergency helps you:
- Quickly search for local and international emergency phone numbers, including ambulance, police, English-language hotlines, poison control centers, US embassy, hospitals, and more.
- Instantly access directions to the nearest English-speaking hospital or emergency service using our GPS-based location finder.
- Use PhraseHelper to translate dozens of the most-used emergency phrases in ten languages (Arabic, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Russian, Spanish, and Thai).
- Configure personal emergency settings, including key contacts and favorite facilities.
- Send an emergency alert to friends and loved ones at the touch of a button.
- No Internet connection? Use the offline mode to find pre-loaded emergency information, hospitals, and phrase translation.
TravelEmergency Version 1.0 lists selected hospitals in the top 50 travel destinations for English-speaking tourists or business travelers. Locations include: Agra, Amsterdam, Athens, Auckland, Bangkok, Barcelona, Beijing, Berlin, Brussels, Budapest, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Cancun, Cape Town, Chennai, Christchurch, Dublin, Edinburgh, Florence, Frankfurt, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Istanbul, Izmir, Jerusalem, Johannesburg, Kingston, London, Macau, Mexico City, Milan, Mona, Montreal, Moscow, Mumbai, Munich, New Delhi, Nice, Oslo, Paris, Prague, Rome, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, St. Petersburg, Taipei, Tel Aviv, Tokyo, Toronto, Vancouver, Venice, Vienna, and Zurich.
When you are traveling, help is not always around when you need it most. With instant access to carefully reviewed emergency information, TravelEmergency can help keep you and your loved ones safe and secure in any health or medical crisis around the world.
Local Emergency Numbers: Find local and international emergency phone numbers, including ambulance, police, English-language hotlines, poison control centers, US embassy, hospitals, and more
Search the top 50 tourist destinations: Quickly select a destination among the top 50 tourist destinations by city or country
Key Facility Information: Instantly access directions to the nearest English-speaking hospital or emergency service using our GPS-based location finder
Mapping: Map facilities to find the closest, best option based on your current location
PhraseHelper: Use PhraseHelper to translate dozens of the most-used emergency phrases in ten languages (Arabic, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Russian, Spanish, and Thai)
Availability and Support
TravelEmergency is now available for iPhones everywhere.
We want you to have the best possible experience with TravelEmergency. Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions or for technical support: firstname.lastname@example.org
This app was created by DB Best Technologies, based in Seattle, Washington, a leading developer of mobile application and database migration tools for Apple handheld devices.
Last updated on 4 June 2011